Tried & Tired

1:29 PM

The crowd was too loud. You held my hand, “let’s get out of here”   you said.
I ran and took your hand. The moment was so fleeting that I didn’t notice you were tugging back. 
“Why?” I asked. 
You said I’m going too fast, so I stopped and decided to walk, with your hand still on my hand. 
You stopped
“Why?” I asked again. 
You said I’m too slow.
I decided to let go of your hand and just walk, trying to be even with your pace

We were in the field now and something caught my attention.
I laughed, the kind of laugh a 5-year old does when she was happily playing on the slides. 
Your eyes met mine but what I saw in them m was something I was not prepared for. 
It was disappointment. 
You got disappointed because of the way I laughed?
I'm wondering, “how could a laugh from the one you love be so disappointing?”
The answe is, I don't know. 
My laughter instantly changed into sadness

Why is it that everything I do wasn’t right for you? All the feelings I felt when you said “let’s get out of here”
the excitement and happiness were gone.
I thought you loved me. Well maybe that’s true. But I realized, you only love me when skies are blue. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram // @catcsrmnt